The U.S. and its allies plan to impose sanctions on more Russian industries and supply chains.
The US government representatives recently visited Europe to consult with allies on strengthening and enforcing sanctions to punish Russia. They also plan to take action to disrupt their critical supply chains.
The US government claims that the sanctions imposed on Russia since the invasion began on February 24 have proved extremely effective, plunging Russia into a financial crisis. The sanctions include a freeze on the Russian central bank's foreign exchange assets, a ban on hard currency transactions by major Russian banks and wealthy individuals, and export restrictions on advanced semiconductors and other technologies. The sanctions have weakened the Russian economy and left the Kremlin with fewer resources.
The volatile international political situations will continue to affect the markets and prices of many commodities like the Titanium Nitride powder.
Introduction to Titanium Nitride TiN Powder
Titanium nitride, the chemical formula is TiN, is a golden cubic crystal. The molecular weight is 61.89. The melting point is 2950℃. The density is 5.43g/cm3.
Physicochemical Properties of Titanium Nitride TiN Powder
Titanium nitride is a synthetic ceramic material, extremely hard, and its hardness is close to diamond. Titanium nitride is chemically stable at room temperature but is attacked by hot concentrated acid and oxidized at atmospheric pressure of 800℃. It has the reflection characteristics of an infrared ray (IR), and the reflection spectrum is similar to that of gold (Au), so it is pale yellow.
Depending on the substrate material and the surface finish of the substrate, the relative friction coefficient of titanium nitride is about 0.4-0.9 (without lubrication). Its typical crystal structure is sodium chloride type (the relative stoichiometry of elements is about 1:1), and the thermodynamic stability coefficient X of TiNx complex is 0.6-1.2. The world's first super-insulating material is made from a thin film of titanium nitride cooled to near absolute zero, adding 100,000 units of insulation.
|Titanium Nitride TiN Powder Properties|
|Other Names||Tinite, TiNite, TiN powder, nitridotitanium|
|Appearance||golden brown powder|
|Solubility in H2O||insoluble|
Is titanium nitride stronger than steel?
When titanium is alloyed with other metals, such as aluminum or vanadium, it is significantly stronger than many steels. In strength, the best titanium alloys outperform the lower and middle grades of stainless steel. However, the highest-grade stainless steel is stronger than titanium alloy.
Titanium, however, has the highest strength-to-weight ratio of any known metal. With the same strength as steel, titanium is 45% lighter.
Applications of Titanium Nitride TiN Powder
Can be used for powder metallurgy, as fine ceramic raw material powder, conductive material, and decorative material. Widely used in high-temperature resistance, wear-resistance and aerospace, and other fields. The material has good electrical conductivity and can be used as electrodes and electrical contact for molten salt electrolysis. It can also be used as an additive in hard-cutting tools. Specifically,
1. Titanium nitride coatings are widely used on metal edges to maintain the corrosion resistance of mechanical molds such as drills and milling cutters, often improving their life by three or more factors.
2. Because of its metallic luster, it is often used for clothing and car decoration. As the outer coating, usually nickel (Ni) or chromium (Cr) as the substrate, packaging pipes, and door and window hardware.
3. The coating is also used in aerospace and military applications, as well as protecting the suspension sliding surfaces of bicycles and motorcycles, and even the damping shafts of remote-controlled toy cars.
4. The material is non-toxic and meets FDA specifications, so it is also commonly used in medical devices, such as sharpening scalpel blades and orthopedic bone saws, or directly as implants (especially hip replacement implants) and other medical implants.
5. Titanium nitride films can be used in microelectronics as a conductive barrier between active devices and metal contacts. When the film is diffused into silicon metal, the conductivity (30-70μ ω ·cm) is sufficient to form a good conductive connection.
6. This special blocking metal also has the chemical or mechanical properties of a ceramic, a process used heavily in current 45nm chip designs to improve the performance of transistors. In the battery field, by combining titanium nitride with a gate dielectric layer (eg. HfSiO), the dielectric constant can be improved, the gate length can be scaled down, the leakage is lower, the drive current is higher, and the threshold voltage can be the same or better than standard SiO2.
7. The high biostability of the alloy extends the application of bioelectronic electrodes, such as the prosthesis project under the retina and the micro-electro-mechanical system (bio-mems) in biomedicine, which enables intelligent implants or in vivo biosensors to withstand severe humoral corrosion.
Main Supplier of Titanium Nitride TiN Powder
Luoyang Tongrun Nano Technology Co. Ltd. (TRUNNANO) is a trusted global chemical material supplier & manufacturer with over 12-year-experience in providing super high-quality chemicals and Nanomaterials, including silicon powder, nitride powder, graphite powder, zinc sulfide, calcium nitride, 3D printing powder, etc.
If you are looking for high-quality titanium nitride TiN powder, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry. ([email protected])
At present, international supply chains were shocked, and logistics and transportation efficiency decreases. Geopolitical conflicts further aggravate uncertainties about the European and American economic recovery and the global commodity supply. For this reason, I assume the price of the Titanium Nitride powder would not decrease significantly in the short term.
Molybdenum Carbide, with the chemical formula Mo2C. It has the characteristics of high melting point and hardness, good thermal stability and mechanical stability.…
Titanium diboride (TiB2) is the most stable compound among boron and titanium, and is mainly used for the preparation of composite ceramic products.…